Holloways by R.C.Martin

Title: The Holloways: A Made for Love Novella Series: Made for Love #3.5 Author: R.C. Martin Genre: Contemporary/New Adult Romance Release Date: March 4, 2016
Life after ‘I do’…
It’s never what you expect. For Roman and Logan Holloway, it’s better. For years, they couldn’t stand each other. Now, they can’t get enough of one another. Falling in love might have been reckless, but there’s no turning back for them now. 
Yet, every marriage has its bumps…
It doesn’t take them long to discover that who they are as Mr. and Mrs. isn’t who they used to be. On their best days, who they’ve become is every version of wonderful. But when the past shows up, threatening their newlywed bliss, their love is put to the test. 
Now they must choose to fight or to surrender. 
[Written as a novella companion to Reckless Surrender. Intended for audiences 18+ years of age.]
“The Holloways was filled with all the emotions I have come to expect from an RC Marin novel. I laughed, cried, felt the love, anger, joy and stress of this couple navigating their way through their first year of marriage.” - 5 Star Goodreads Review
“I just knew... these two were going to light my kindle on FIRE!” - 5 Star Review from Author Hayley Faiman
“The Holloways is a very VERY steamy read.” - 5 Star Review from United Indie Book Blog
Logan
            “Logan, babe, we’re late. The car is here. Everyone is waiting,” Roman calls out from the other side of the bathroom door.
            I grin at my reflection when he rattles the handle, checking to see if I’ve yet to unlock it.
            I haven’t.
            “I’ll be out in a second, baby!”
            “Well, hurry up. Daph is blowing up my phone.”
            “Maybe I’d be ready if someone hadn’t decided we needed one more round in bed to close out the year,” I say loudly, putting in my second dangly, silver earring. Once it’s fastened and secure, I lift my eyebrows and wait for his response. I hear him clear his throat, but he doesn’t say a word. My grin grows wider as I suppress a giggle. “Yup, that’s what I thought,” I mutter under my breath.
            I take one last look at my face under the bright light above the hotel mirror and decide that I’m satisfied with my handiwork. My green eyes look smoldering with the smoky eyeshadow effect I managed to pull off in half the time I usually require, and my lashes—coated in black mascara—make them look big and beautiful. I dusted on a hint of shimmering blush, just for fun, and my lips are coated in clear lipgloss.
            Roman loves my lips. Always has. They need no color to draw his attention.
            Though, something tells me he won’t be thinking too much about my lips tonight.
            It’s our first New Years Eve as a married couple, and I can hardly wait to ring in the new year on the arm of the man I love more than life itself. I really didn’t care one way or the other if we found a big party to go to, but my in-laws made the decision fairly simple.
            Tonight, Neal and Beth are taking Rome and me, along with Trevor and Daphne, to the White Rose Gala at the Denver Performing Arts Complex. The proceeds of the event are donated to charity, which explains why Beth was so insistent that we tag along. I couldn’t tell you how many committees and charity events she’s apart of in her local community. In any case, when they offered to buy us all tickets and put us up in a hotel for the night, Roman and I couldn’t think of a good reason to say no. And even though Daphne’s relationship with her parents is still far from warm and fuzzy, it didn’t take much for us to convince her that she and Trevor should be there, too. Harvey and Grace were a huge help, offering to keep Care-Bear for the night.
            As soon as it was confirmed that we would be spending our night at a gala, I started hunting for the perfect dress. I knew that I wanted something sexy, and I didn’t give two shits about the fact that it’s the middle of winter in Colorado. After a bit of online searching, I found exactly what I wanted. Tonight, I’ll most certainly be Roman’s eye candy.
            The blue dress has a fairly modest front, the fabric hugging my C-cups as it clings to my chest and my thighs. My legs will definitely be on display tonight, as the fabric stops mere inches below my backside. Speaking of my back—the front of my dress is held in place by the halter top, which connects to a silver chain between my shoulder blades. The chain is attached to either side of my dress, securing the fabric around my breasts, as there is nothing else to hold it up. The dress is just about completely backless, the fabric of the skirt clinging to my body just below the small of my back. It’s tight, the seams cinched on both sides and straight down the middle, making my ass look fantastic.
            I adorn my wrist with a simple silver bracelet, given to me by my parents ages ago, and slip my feet into my new stilettos. They are a glittery silver with rhinestones adhered to the back of the heels. They’re hot as hell, and they’ll make it easier to steal kisses from my man all night.
            “Logan!” he calls, rapping his knuckles against the barrier that separates us. “Open the door. Now.”
            “Relax. I’m coming!” I double check the pins in my hair one last time, ensuring that tonight’s curls will stay draped over my right shoulder, and then I grab my clutch and head for the door.
            I shut the light out, knowing that if I leave it on, he’ll see my back in the reflection of the mirror. I’ve been keeping tonight’s attire a secret. I wanted to surprise him. All of this is for him. The only man’s attention I want ishis. I know, in this dress, I can guarantee two things.
            First—my husband will be touching me all night. I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that he will not let me out of his sight. Even with the two carat pink sapphire on my finger, he’ll insist on sending a message to anyone who looks our way that I am his.
            Second—I’m sure that we’ll start this year off with a bang. Me, in this dress, in a room full of people, it’ll drive him wild. Later, when he takes me, he won’t be gentle or sweet. At least not the first time. My heart races with giddy anticipation just thinking about it.
            I suck in a deep breath and blow it out quickly before I unlock the handle and open the door.

Review:
This is a great read!!! 
R.C Martin has written a quick, fun novella read for this series.
I loved reading about Roman and Logan and the story that they had to share. Their chemistry is amazing and their characters are unique.
This is a definite must read novella, if you have read the rest of the Made For Love stories.
4/5 Stars!


I'm a born and bred Coloradan. While I now reside in Virginia, the land of the Rocky Mountains is where I've left a piece of my heart and where my characters come to life. When I'm not writing I'm reading; when I'm not reading I'm writing...you know how it goes! I also enjoy cooking, baking, crocheting, and jigsaw puzzles. Basically, I'm an old soul with a young heart, nonchalantly waiting for my prince to come.

HOSTED BY:

Comments

Popular Posts