The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson Review!



Synopsis:
Andie had it all planned out. When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future. Important internship? Check. Amazing friends? Check. Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks).

But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life. Because here’s the thing—if everything’s planned out, you can never find the unexpected. And where’s the fun in that?












Review:
Morgan Matson has done it again!! I completely fell in love with The Unexpected Everything!!

I highly enjoyed the character of Andie. At the beginning of the book, I was afraid that she would be a bit of a goody-two-shoes and a know it all. I am happy to report, that she is nothing like that. As the book progresses, you begin to see Andie progress and grow up as well. She is able to form relationships and friendships both with people her own age, her father, and even animals. With everything that she has been through in her life, I loved that she was able to move forward, keep pushing past the pain, and move forward.

“It's always a risk. Wherever there is great emotion. because there is power in that. And few people handle power well.”

This brings me to Clark. I loved him!! He is so cute and dorky in his own ways. When he begins his relationship with Andie, I was unsure how things would play out. He has a secret, and she doesn't do serious relationships. What I thought would be an awkward relationship between the two, ended up being exactly that, awkward. There is a beauty in being awkward and this relationship definitely emphasizes that. They have their quirks, yet make their relationship incredibly cute.

“I stretched up to him, and we stayed liken that for just a second, not kissing, not yet, just hovering in the moment before, only a breath apart.”

“Or maybe I hadn't. Maybe I'd just been waiting for this moment, right now.”

This is not the first book I have read by Morgan Matson, and I am happy to report, that it definitely won't be the last!

This is the absolute perfect novel for summer! Make sure you pick it up and read it today!

4/5 Stars!

Comments

Popular Posts