Where I Found You by Brooke O'Brien Spotlight Sunday!!!


Synopsis:

How do you protect your heart?


Build a wall.
Lock it away.
Let no one in.

Everyone should have a childhood worth remembering. Only I remember mine for all the wrong reasons. Starting over in a new town is hard enough. When you are running from your past, it doesn't get any easier.

I was ready to say goodbye to the burdens I have carried. The pain I’ve experienced is more than anyone should have to face.

Then I met him...

He takes my breath away. I can’t ignore the way he makes me feel. I know he has the power to destroy me.

And that's what scares me the most. 


Buy Now: Amazon

Review:
Where I Found You by Brooke O'Brien is such an incredible read!!

My first thought after reading this novel, is that I can't believe it is Brooke's debut novel! How is that even possible?? There was so much detail and depth not only to the plot line, but also to the characters and their emotions. There was never a moment whilst reading, where I felt as though I didn't know the characters or how they were feeling. Instead, I felt as though I knew the characters on a deeper level. Something much more complex than simply reading about them in a book. It felt like I knew them in real life, which is something that doesn't happen incredibly often for more while I'm reading.

The dynamic relationship between Ellie and Callum constantly had me on the edge of my seat. I loved how they met, and the reasons behind it. They each had gone through so much in their past, and because of that, it felt as though they became each others strength to keep moving forward and putting the past in the past.

Brooke quickly drew me into her writing, and made me never want to leave her world. I was drawn into the novel so fast, that I had to stay up late into the night to finish reading it, just so I could see how everything ended and was wrapped up!!

I cannot wait to read the next novel in the Hearts Compass series!! It is bound to be amazing.

4.5/5 Stars!

P.S: This is no way effects my rating of the novel, but did you see how gorgeous the cover is!!!! It is stunning!



Author Interview!:
1) For those who don't know you, would you mind telling us a bit about yourself?

My name is Brooke O'Brien and I'm a New Adult/Contemporary Romance author with a love of steamy and heart pounding stories.  I recently published my debut novel, Where I Found You, this past May.  It's been whirlwind ever since.  I live in Cedar Rapids, IA with my fiancé, our two boys, and our cat. 

2) What was the last book you read that you fell in love with?

I'm re-reading the Rosemary Beach series by Abbi Glines.  It has renewed my #RushCrush.

3) When you're not writing, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

Reading, although some days I feel like I don't get to do it enough.  It's okay though because now I'm living out my dream and there's nothing better than that.  I enjoy watching NBA basketball, college football (Go Hawkeyes!), going to the movies, bonfires, and relaxing with my family.

4) In your opinion, what makes a great story?

The books that I love the most are stories that grip you from the first pages, making you hungry for more.  When I'm reading romance, I love to feel the characters emotions as I go through the rollercoaster ride with them. 

5) When did you first realize you wanted to become an author?

I've enjoyed writing since I was young but it wasn't until I was older that I ever gave it any thought.  It wasn't necessarily that I wanted to be an author, rather I had this story idea on my mind that I couldn't get out.  I decided to go for it and put it out there.  

6) What was your inspiration behind Where I Found You?

Without giving any spoilers, I knew how I wanted the characters to meet and how I wanted it to end.  The ideas typically come to me when I least expect it so you can image driving to my day job at 4 AM when I get hit with this storyline that it has taken me by surprise.  Some of the bread crumbs that brought the story together were inspired by music and a few real life events.

7) If Where I Found You were turned into a movie, which actors/actresses do you picture as the lead roles?

That's easy because it's where I got my inspiration!  Candice Accola is my Ellie Hayes and Sam Hunt is my Callum Reid. 

8) What is your favourite quote from Where I Found You and why?

"I'm taking back my happiness.  I'm ready to live my life for me."  I think it signifies the strength that Ellie has throughout the book.  Despite a lot of hardships that are thrown her way, she doesn't give up.  

9) Do you have another book in the works? If so, what is it about?

Yes, I am about to wrap up the first draft of the second book in the Heart's Compass series titled Lost Before You.  In Where I Found You, you meet Callum's brother, Mason, and his best friend, Brea.  Lost Before You over laps the timeline of Where I Found You.  It's a friends to lover’s romance that I plan to release late October. 

10) Is there anything else you would like to add that I haven’t included?


No, thank you so much!


GIVEAWAY!!!!
Head on over to my Instagram page (http://instagram.com/bookramblings) to enter to win a signed PB of Where I Found You and a signed bookmark!!! (INT!)

Comments

Popular Posts