Martinis & Moonlight Release Day Blitz!!

Today we have the release day blitz for Martinis & Moonlight by Andrea Johnston! Check out the release day festivities and be sure to grab your copy today!

Title: Martinis & Moonlight

Author: Andrea Johnston

Genre: Contemporary Romance

About Martinis & Moonlight:

Minnesota “Minnie” Walker has worked hard for the life she has – a close knit family, successful career, and long-term relationship. When a tragedy strikes, Minnie sacrifices everything to be there for her family. Never expecting a move to the small town of Lexington would change the course of her future, Minnie finds herself wondering if what she always thought was perfect is really what’s best for her … and her heart.   Owen Butler has lived in the town of Lexington his entire life. After years of feeling second best and wasting his time vying for the attention of his father, Owen has settled into an uncomplicated life. Not one to believe in happily ever after, he never expected the new woman in town to have him questioning everything he thought he wanted in life.   Together, under the rays of the moonlight, Owen and Minnie find themselves wondering what the future holds and if facing it together is worth the risk.

Martinis & Moonlight:

Amazon US | Amazon.AU | Amazon.CA | Amazon.UK | Kobo | iBooks | B&N | Goodreads

Check out the rest of the series!

Whiskey & Honey (A Country Road Novel Book 1)

Amazon US | Amazon CA | Amazon UK | Kobo | iBooks | B&N

Tequila & Tailgates (A Country Road Novel Book 2):

Amazon | Kobo | iBooks | Nook


Review:
Martinis and Moonlight by Andrea Johnson was such a cute, contemporary read!

Owen and Minnie were two characters who completely captivated my attention. They were such intriguing characters, while at the same time retaining their simplicity. Their relationship was refreshing to read about. It was wholesome and sweet. You could tell that they truly cared for one another on more than just a physical connection.

This novel had the perfect amount of sweet and sassy combined with the country loving that I love. I cannot wait to see what Andrea has in store for her readers next. It is bound to be just as lovable.

4.5/5 Stars!

Exclusive Excerpt:

This week has been particularly quiet in the office, and as much as I hate to admit it, I’d even take an encounter with Owen at this point. Yep, be careful what you wish for.   The door to the office opens and I sense him before I hear him. Maybe it’s that I smell him. Not smell in a gross way, but a way that is like some weird mating call. I’m sure there’s a name for that but I can’t think of it because there he is, walking toward me in a pair of khaki cargo shorts, a sleeveless T-shirt that, thanks to the sweat on his body, is clinging to his torso and chiseled chest, and a pair of sunglasses sitting atop his head. That smile I mentioned taking over his face as he gets closer to my desk has me quickly looking away in embarrassment. I know he can tell that he affects me. I know my tell-tale giveaway to embarrassment has completely taken over my arms, neck, and cheeks in a glorious shade of strawberry.   “Well, Miss Walker, fancy meeting you here.”   “Oh, hey.” I don’t take my eyes from my screen and very diligently read the same line over and over. Why does he make me nervous? I don’t get nervous.   “Here are some invoices for you and I signed off on the time cards for my crew.”   I finally lift my eyes from my screen to see Owen sitting in the chair in front of my desk, leaning back so he is rocking on the back two legs of the chair, with his arms crossed, and a smirk on his face. The same smirk he usually offers me before not so subtlety suggesting something flirtatious.   “Thanks. Checks will be ready Monday as usual. Was there anything else?”   “What’re your plans this weekend? Date with your boyfriend? Painting your nails with the squirt?”   Clicking the save icon on the spreadsheet I’m working on, I sit back in my seat, crossing my feet at the ankle while folding my arms, and contemplating how to answer this. He’s trying to get to know me and I promised myself I’d be open to new friendships. Owen Butler is a lot of things, and while I’m not sure he’s completely harmless, I doubt he’s much more than talk.   “No boyfriend,” I casually respond before whispering under my breath, “anymore.”   “What? Some schmuck let you go? What a loser.”   I snort out a laugh; I guess my whisper was louder than I thought. The more I’ve thought about my relationship with Kent, the more appropriate a word like “schmuck” is a perfect way to describe him. Boring, self-absorbed, career driven, and missionary style are also other ways.   “Well anyway, I’m actually going to just hang out this weekend. The girls are going with my parents and it’ll be the first time in weeks I’ve had time to myself. How about you? Got a date?”   Owen chokes on what I think was supposed to be a laugh, startling me a little while simultaneously sending a little shiver down my spine to my lady bits. His voice is deep and gravelly, as is his attempt to laugh, almost like he doesn’t do it very often and his vocal cords don’t know how to respond.   “Yeah, I don’t date. Hook up maybe, but dating indicates I’m interested in a relationship and that’s not the case.”   “I hear ya. A relationship is the last thing on my mind these days.”   We sit in silence for a few ticks before Owen clears his throat and rests his chair on all four feet. I follow suit by sitting up more in my chair and grabbing my mouse. A few clicks and Owen stands and then taps the top of my monitor.   “You should call the girls.”   I look up at him, slightly confused, but not before acknowledging the sweat has dried from his torso while his shirt still clings to his skin. He must notice my gaze has lingered a little longer than necessary because he offers me that smirk again.   “Sorry, the girls - Piper and Ashton. Me and the guys are heading to the lake for a little fishing so I’m sure they’re around.”   “Oh." The realization of how much my life has changed in the last few months struck me; when he said “the girls,” I thought of my nieces. "Yeah, uh, maybe.”   “Well, all right then. Have a good weekend, Minnesota. See ya next week.”   I don’t bother asking Owen to not call me by my full name. I know he knows it’s not my preference. And honestly, for whatever reason, it doesn’t bother me when he says it. I would never tell him that, but it’s true.  

About Andrea Johnston:

Andrea Johnston spent her childhood with her nose in a book and a pen to paper. An avid people watcher, her mind is full of stories that yearn to be told. A fan of angsty romance with a happy ending, super sexy erotica and a good mystery, Andrea can always be found with her Kindle nearby fully charged.   Andrea lives in Idaho with her family and two dogs. When she isn’t spending time with her partner in crime aka her husband, she can be found binge watching all things Bravo and enjoying a cocktail. Nothing makes her happier than the laughter of her children, a good book, her feet in the water, and cocktail in hand all at the same time.    

Connect with Andrea:

Website | Facebook | Goodreads | Twitter

Enter Andrea’s Giveaway:

Comments

Popular Posts